Who we are
KGH Equipment Ltd. Is responsible for land development and site prep as well as civil contracts primarily within the Fraser Valley. KGH Equipment is looking for hard working individuals that are excited by a fast-paced environment and growth. We are a company that prides ourselves on living our core values:
- We work hard, we work smart
- We build lasting value
- We are creative and innovative
- We have fun
- We act with integrity
- We care
KGH Equipment offers equipment rentals for homeowners, trades, and contractors. From manlifts to telehandlers and skid steers, KGH Equipment offers both ‘bare’ and ‘with operator’ rentals. Many services and equipment rentals including equipment moving and delivery, excavation services with boom attachments. With the capability of providing excavation, land clearing, and site preparation, KGH Equipment can take your site from start to completion. Our equipment is new, well maintained and our pride and joy.
Are you excited by growth and opportunity? Do you like to take the initiative, serve and connect with others, thrive when there are multiple things on the go, and put your ideas into action in a collaborative environment? Join our team!
About the role
As the Fleet Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the KGH Equipment fleet. This includes all aspects of equipment purchases, sales & rentals, insurance, as well as the repairs and maintenance. You will also need to ensure all tracking and record keeping is up to date. You will be reporting to the KGH General Manager.
What you’re great at
- Strong personality, able to hold your ground. Approachable but objective
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills
- Detail-oriented and process-driven
What you’ll be doing
- Researching and comparing new equipment and attachment purchases
- Coordinating and executing all new equipment purchase and maintaining all paperwork
- Working with KGH Management for optimal use of equipment, existing or potential purchases, and repurposing of assets
- Comparing competitive rental rates to ensure KGH stays competitive in the market.
- Constantly evaluating of equipment utilization to assist in making purchasing and sales decisions
- Performing follow up site visits and with mechanics to ensure work is completed efficiently
- Facilitating and keeping records of all equipment insurance needs, including driver’s licenses, etc
- Coordinating and tracking repairs, location, usage, inspections, and maintenance of all rental equipment
- Arranging deliveries and dispatching rental equipment to various sites
- Creating processes for the mechanic division and measuring the mechanic’s performance
What we’re looking for
- Understanding of the construction equipment market is required
- Experience in construction equipment sales/mechanics is an asset
- Critical thinking and ability to react quickly in the fast-paced construction equipment market is required.
- Organizational skills
What you can expect from us
- Supportive team and leadership staff
- Flexible work schedule
- Casual dress attire and cheerful work environment
- Fun company events
- Volunteer opportunities with Westbow Gives Back
- Benefits package
- Investment opportunities and investment matching
- Education and Mentorship opportunities